1) A 20-week-old female fetus has approximately 7 million eggs, but is down to 2 million by the time she is born.
2) Some native South American cultures thought that all mankind was created out of “moon blood.”
3) In 18th Century Europe, washing and changing underclothing during their period was regarded as unhealthy, because women feared it would block the bleeding or make it more intense.
4) The Draghi tampon, invented in 1959 by Andre Draghi, was designed for early cancer detection. The idea was that women could insert it themselves and send it off to a laboratory or physician who would examine it for abnormalities like cancer. It spared women and doctors the time necessary to accomplish the same thing in the doctor’s office.
5) Ancient Egyptians considered menstrual blood a remedy for many beauty problems, including sagging breasts. However, it was never used to treat conditions in men.
FCC Disclosure: This blog is produced by JBNI, the producer of over 33+ Curiously Effective Naturaceuticals including 100% Natural Serenadin for Stressful Days. Ask JBNI’s team of scientists and physicians about your most pressing health issues.